IsoDynamic is thrilled to announce The Affinity, the first online adventure game designed to help kids make a real world friend.
The result of a 3 year collaboration between IsoDynamic, Inc., and Rondalyn Whitney, PhD, Chair of the Occupational Therapy Department at Clarkson University, The Affinity lets kids learn from other kids as they undertake the step by step process of making a friend and learning the hidden rules of social behavior.
The Affinity features:
A Thrilling Story
- A sci-fi action/adventure story delivered in comic book form harnesses the power of storytelling as a teaching and engagement tool.
- An Alien species, called The Kraygon, invade Earth and gain energy from negative emotions. Hero Maxx is a talented 11 year old with Asperger’s syndrome who needs to form a friendship in order to defeat the aliens.
- Introduces the concept of Friend Dynamics, a new branch of science where Maxx studies the rules of friendship.
Exciting Game Play
- Online computer game features animated videos, puzzles, points, levels, and feedback.
- Step-by-step challenges leading to a real world play date.
- Activities ramp from low risk (practice with computer), to medium risk (practice with online ally), to high risk (attempt in real-world).
Kids Teaching Kids
- Kids contribute to user generated WIKIs about social rules, the rules of “Cool,” play date ideas, the rules of friendship, and more.
- Kids learn from the thoughts and examples of other kids, instead of an adult centered model.
- Community of learners rate, comment, and build on other entries.
Where kids learn to make friends... in the real world.