A science-fiction action/adventure story delivered in comic book form that harnesses the power of storytelling as a teaching and engagement tool.
An alien species, The Kraygon, invades Earth and gains energy from negative emotions. Maxx, the hero, is a talented 11 year old with Asperger’s syndrome who needs to form a friendship in order to defeat The Kraygon.
Introduces the concept of Friend Dynamics, a new branch of science where Maxx studies the rules and reactions of friendship.
- Online computer game features animated videos, puzzles, points, levels, and feedback.
- Step-by-step challenges parallel the comic book story and lead to a real world play date.
- Activities ramp from low risk (practice with computer), to medium risk (practice with online ally), to high risk (application of skill in real-world).
- Kids contribute to user generated WIKIs about social rules, the rules of “cool,” ideas for play dates and hangouts, the rules of friendship, and more.
- Kids learn from the thoughts and examples of other kids, instead of an adult centered model.
- Community of learners rate, comment, and build on other entries.